A few weeks ago, we contacted our schools and asked for four (4) families from each elementary and one family from each Private School that accepts Vouchers. We are already starting to get family information back!
|Please start praying for these schools, that they will choose wisely;
for the families and for us, that we will be a blessing to them.
It’s hard to believe that in just 5 weeks, we’ll be shopping, wrapping and delivering gifts to these families..
Secret Families’ Saturday:
That is the fun part of what we do.
Getting a glimpse into a family’s life. Needs conveyed over the phone and transferred to a shopping list.
Through shopping for and wrapping their gifts, you can see needs being fulfilled.
- like the family with no bedding,
- the single Dad who doesn’t have any towels,
- the Mom who asked for shampoo…
Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that? Who wouldn’t feel amazing after assisting family after family? That’s what brings our volunteers back each year – giving to others in the name of Jesus and being a part of something beyond yourself.
Here’s where the leap of faith comes in…
Secret Families of Madison County commits to serving these families way before we have the financial capability to do so; our goal is not even a remote possibility.
But since 2010, God has been faithful to work on people’s hearts (individuals and companies alike) to give and help us reach or exceed the number of families we have committed to.
This year, our 70 families equates to $38,500 that we need to raise. As of this writing, we are funded for almost 13 families (@ $7,100).
57 families unfunded.
We need YOU to help us bridge that gap.
We all love the energy and seeing the results of Secret Families’ Saturday. But we can’t get there without funding; without individuals deciding to donate to make this happen.
Help us get there.
- Tell your adult friends and family to donate to Secret Families in your name instead of buying you a Christmas gift.
- Decide to give donations in your friends’ and families’ names (we have cards you can hand them as their gift)
- Get your friends, co-workers and club members to chip in to take care of a family. Ten people donating $50.
- Put on a fundraiser for us (bake sale, BINGO, rummage, scrapbooking, concert, a dinner or a dance)
- Challenge another group or company to a fundraising race to see who can raise the most money.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and desire to help us help others.
Together, we can put a lot of smiles on children’s faces this season.