I can’t tell you…
Well, we aren’t called Secret Families of Madison County for nothing, ya’know!
But, I can tell you the general make up of our families.
- All are referred to us from their child’s school
- All are on reduced or free lunch programs at their schools
- Many are from single parent homes – last year, many of these were headed by the father
- Many are grandparents raising their grandchildren
- Some are having difficulties finding employment or had gotten a salary cut
- Some are caring for elderly grandparents or children with disabilities
- A few of our families were homeless
- A few had extensive medical expenses
- A few had no transportation or no means of communication (no cell phone, imagine it – or no money to purchase minutes)
- Some parents could not work due to child care issues or being on disability
- Some had nowhere to turn due to strained family relations
- One had just returned from prison and was trying to make a fresh start
- A few lost everything due to
- mold in their homes
- bed bugs not taken care of by their landlord
- a house fire
- nasty divorces
Can you see your way to helping us give these families hope during Christmas?
Please consider donating to bless 100 families this year.
- $10 can provide a family Bible
- $25 can provide a tree stand, ornaments and bulbs for their Blue Grass Farms Tree
- $50 can provide a gift card for Christmas dinner
- $100 can provide one family member with gifts (mostly clothing, shoes and winter gear)
- $275 can sponsor half a family (average family of 5)
- $550 can sponsor an entire family (average family of 5)